Terms and Conditions
By continuing to use the Foundation of Light website, you are confirming that you accept the terms and conditions of use set out below. if you do not accept the terms and conditions, you must leave this website immediately.
Children under 16
If you are under 16, you must ask your parent or a guardian before you:
- Email the website, or ask us to email anything to you;
- Send any information to us;
- Enter any competition or game that requires information about you or offers a prize; or
- Offer or agree to buy anything online.
- By continuing to use this website and any of the services offered, you are confirming that you have received the consent of your parent or a guardian.
1. About Us
This website is the official website of Foundation of Light. If you have any comments or questions about this website or any of our services please contact us.
3. Ownership of Materials and License Terms
This website and the materials on it or available through our email services are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property rights and laws throughout the world. The materials on this website are owned by or are licensed to the Foundation and/or Sunderland AFC. You are permitted to display the materials on this website on a computer screen and to download and print a hard copy for your personal use provided you do not alter or remove any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary notices.
You agree not to:
- Establish a link to this website from any other website, intranet or extranet site without the Foundation’s prior written consent;
- Do anything that may interfere with or disrupt this website or our services; or
- Do anything that may infringe the rights of any other person
- If you send any comments, suggestions or materials to us from or concerning this website or our email services, any materials on or in either of them or relating to the Foundation, Sunderland AFC and/or its players, management or staff you assign any rights (including intellectual property rights) you may have in them to the Foundation and/or Sunderland AFC (as the case may be) which may adapt, broadcast, copy, disclose, licence, publish, sell, transmit and do anything else consistent with rights of ownership in any form and media on a royalty free basis anywhere in the world. You also waive and agree not to assert any moral rights in such comments, suggestions or materials.
4. Website Availability
This website is provided free of charge and we make no guarantee that it will be uninterrupted or error free. We reserve the right to suspend or withdraw the whole or any part of the website at any time without notice and without incurring any liability.
5. Links from the Website
We may, from time to time, provide links from this website to websites that are owned and controlled by third parties. These links are provided only for your convenience and we have no control over, and will have no liability in respect of, those websites.
Internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and there is a risk, therefore, that any message or information you send to us from this website may be intercepted and potentially read by others. We will have no liability in respect of any transmissions you send to us and you do so entirely at your own risk.
7. Accuracy of Information
We take care to ensure that all information available on our website about the Foundation, its services and events is accurate and up-to-date. However, these are continually developing and updated and the information, images, specifications and prices on this website may, occasionally, be out of date. We have no liability for any inaccurate information and reserve the right to correct it at any time.
8. Restricted Access to Additional Information
Website users may be offered the opportunity to subscribe and/or register to receive additional restricted information. We are not under any obligation to accept a request for registration or subscription and reserve the right to suspend or terminate access at any time if your continued use is believed to prejudice us or other users.
9. Email Service
By joining the Foundation of Light email newsletter through its provider Mailchimp, and/or as a supporter, customer, subscriber or competition entrant, we will occasionally email you with our latest news and information about our products, services, special offers, promotions and any other advertising or marketing materials which we think may be of interest. You can update your choices or stop us sending you these communications at anytime by contacting DPO@foundationoflight.co.uk or clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the relevant communication.
The Foundation does not warrant or represent that the material on this website is accurate, complete or current, or that the website will be free of defects or viruses.
The Foundation is not liable for any loss or damage (in contract, negligence or otherwise) where:
- There is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us;
- The loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach; or
- Any increase in loss or damage results from a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence
12. Information Relating to a Third Party
You undertake not to either include or otherwise disclose any confidential information or personal data relating to third parties in connection with your use of the website without that third party’s express written consent.
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. The new version will be posted on this website and will take effect immediately upon posting. If you use the website after the new Terms and Conditions have come into effect any further use of the website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms and Conditions.
14. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions are subject to English law and each of us hereby submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts save that the Foundation shall be entitled to commence and/or defend proceedings in any territory to protect its intellectual property rights or confidential information in that territory.