Regional Talent Club trials announced
Foundation of Light is delighted to announce trial dates for our girls Regional Talent Club squads ahead of the 2019-20 season.
Foundation of Light is delighted to announce trial dates for our girls Regional Talent Club squads ahead of the 2019-20 season. This year's trials will be held in June at the Beacon of Light and Harton Academy, with further invite only sessions taking place at Gateshead College's Academy for Sport. Split over two sessions, the trials are a great opportunity for young, talented and passionate female footballers to join one of the country's leading Regional Talent Club's which has nurtured world-class talents such as England's Stephanie Houghton and Jill Scott as well as current SAFC Ladies players Kiera Ramshaw, Bridgette Galloway and Emily Hutchinson. Players will take part in a comprehensive training programme covering the tactical, technical, physical and social elements of football under the guidance of the Foundation's specialist UEFA and FA qualified coaches and experienced strength and conditioning staff.Key times and dates: Eligibility:
- Under 10s: Players born from 1st September 2009 to 31st August 2011
- Under 12s: Players born from 1st September 2007 to 31st August 2009
- Under 14s: Players born from 1st September 2005 to 31st August 2007
- Under 16s: Players born from 1st September 2002 to 31st August 2005
- Please note that we advise players to attend all trial dates to give them the best chance of being selected for the Sunderland Regional Talent Club.
- Indoor and outdoor footwear should be brought with the player, along with shin pads and plenty of fluids.